Warning: Last items in stock!
CS0003CD. Middle and Upper Permian Salt-Bearing Strata of the Texas Panhandle--Lithologic and Facies Cross Sections, by M. W. Presley. 10 p., 3 figs., 3 tables, 7 pls., 1981.
This product is on CD-ROM. To purchase a paper copy, please order CS0003. To purchase a downloadable PDF, please order CS0003D.
About This Publication
Regional cross sections of Middle and Upper Permian rocks in the Texas Panhandle illustrate the lithology, depositional systems, and structure of these salt-bearing strata. This report explains the interpretative techniques used in preparation of the cross sections that accompany the text, and highlights significant geologic relationships displayed on the cross sections.
Concepts and Techniques of interpretation
Lithologic cross sections
Facies cross sections
Structure cross sections
Major genetic subdivisions of salt-bearing rocks in the Texas Panhandle
Individual cross sections (A--G)
1. Index map of the Texas Panhandle showing elevation of top of the Tubb Formation and locations of cross sections
2. Environmental setting during Middle and Late Permian time in the Texas Panhandle
3. Evaporite and carbonate depositional facies and environments inferred from study of Middle and Upper Permian rocks, Texas Panhandle
1. Stratigraphic chart of Middle and Upper Permian salt-bearing strata and associated formations in the Texas Panhandle
2. Operator and fee names of wells exhibited on cross sections in this report
3. Principal lithogenetic units in Upper Permian salt-bearing strata in the Texas Panhandle
Permian salt-bearing strata in the Texas Panhandle, cross sections A-A' through G-G'
Presley, M. W., 1981, Middle and Upper Permian Salt-Bearing Strata of the Texas Panhandle--Lithologic and Facies Cross Sections: The University of Texas at Austin, Bureau of Economic Geology, Cross Section CS 3, 10 p., 7 plates.